Re: new slapd.d configuration format and Invalid DN syntax (34)

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, August 26, 2005 4:07 PM -0400 Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org> wrote:

The debugging output is actually the result of my ldapsearch:
/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldap://localhost -b
"dc=example,dc=com"

Sorry about the confusion.

Any hints?

Is your database configured to hold "dc=example,dc=com" ?

This question is irrelevant; a misconfigured database suffix would not return an LDAP Syntax error on a search. The only reason to get the syntax error is because the "dc" attribute is not recognized, which would only happen if the configuration were not read in properly, which is why I asked if the permissions on slapd.d were correct.

--
 -- Howard Chu