From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Quanah
Gibson-Mount
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:54 PM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: slapcat or ldapsearch could not return complete query
result

--On Friday, August 26, 2005 3:19 PM -0400 Ran Li <Ran.Li@sprint-canada.com> wrote:

Hello List,

when I ran slapcat (w/ or w/o slapd), it would not return the complete

ldif file, and it just hung. If I do ldapsearch for one entry, in a few cases it will give the complete result but most of the time it won't, and it will hang up. slapd log or system log does not say anything. Ran db_recover after stopped slapd, it did not have any output but generated a log.000000xx file. Could any one give a clue to

start troubleshooting. Thanks.

Did you run db_recover -h /path/to/your/database

?

Like

db_recover -h /db

Do you have a DB_CONFIG file?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and
blind faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin

--
 -- Howard Chu