From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Quanah
Gibson-Mount
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 3:54 PM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: slapcat or ldapsearch could not return complete query
result

--On Friday, August 26, 2005 3:19 PM -0400 Ran Li
<Ran.Li@sprint-canada.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> when I ran slapcat (w/ or w/o slapd), it would not return the complete

> ldif file, and it just hung. If I do ldapsearch for one entry, in a
> few cases it will give the complete result but most of the time it
> won't, and it will hang up. slapd log or system log does not say
> anything. Ran db_recover after stopped slapd, it did not have any
> output but generated a log.000000xx file. Could any one give a clue to

> start troubleshooting. Thanks.

Did you run db_recover -h /path/to/your/database

?

Like

db_recover -h /db

Do you have a DB_CONFIG file?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and
blind faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin