Re: Connections timing out to OpenLDAP server

--On Friday, August 19, 2005 1:40 PM -0500 Ben Beuchler <insyte@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/19/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

I'm most curious as to what your configuration settings are.

Such as:

DB_CONFIG settings

and

cachesize/idlcachesize settings

in slapd.conf

Rather than post my whole slapd.conf, I'm going to try to pull out the functional settings as opposed to the Schema/ACL related stuff:

allow bind_v2
TLSCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/mcad.edu.cert
TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/mcad.edu.key
pidfile         /var/run/slapd/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args
modulepath  /usr/lib/ldap
moduleload  back_bdb
backend     bdb
checkpoint 512 30
database        bdb
directory       "/var/lib/ldap"
lastmod         on

Everything else is either schema, index or ACL-related.  I am not
specifically setting cachesize or idlcachesize.  Actually, I can't
even find those mentioned in slapd.conf(5)...

They are specific to the BDB backend. See:

man slapd-bdb(5)

If you aren't setting them, that will affect your system's performance.

I also don't see your DB_CONFIG file anywhere here...

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html