Re: slapd stability problems with add/change operations

Aaron Richton wrote:

Hi Aaron,

If your slapd is hanging in a situation like that, something isn't right.
You should file that gdb output at http://www.openldap.org/its/ to make
sure it gets tracked. It looks like it could be related to some bdb locks,
so it might be good to append information about them to your ITS as well.
When your slapd is hung, cd to your database directory (i.e. the one with
"id2entry.bdb" and so forth) and run db_stat -CA. Do this for each of your
database directories, and append them to the ITS as well.

thanks for the hint, filed it in the ITS:

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=3954;page=2

I couldn't do the db_stat yet because I restarted the deamon already. We will hopefully be able to provide that at a later point. Would we have to redo the stacktrace as well that we have the exact situation?

cu

Adrian
--
Adrian Gschwend