Re: Connections timing out to OpenLDAP server

> A quick look through the logs indicates the clients had been timing
> out for about 10 minutes before I noticed it.

Client logs, or slapd logs? Posting a few interesting bits of slapd logs
here might help. We're unlikely to understand arbitrary client logs.

> Any troubleshooting recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Are you seeing any CONNECT messages in the slapd logs during these
episodes? (Assuming you continue testing with e.g. ldapsearch which will
make a new connection at startup.)

As Kurt asked, do other network services such as ssh work when slapd
doesn't?

If you "telnet ldapserver 389" from your client system when this issue
comes up does slapd answer? If you change 389 to another network service,
does it answer?