Re: dbenv_open() never returns for BDB database

Quanah,

Sorry for the slow response but yes, the system may have shutdown
abnormally now that you mention it.

I've run db_recover from in /var/lib/ldap and it seems to have done
something. At least these files disappeared (but then reappeared after
I ran 'service ldap configtest'):

-rwx------   1 root root  24K Aug 13 09:03 __db.001
-rwx------   1 root root 272K Aug 13 09:03 __db.002
-rwx------   1 root root  96K Aug 13 09:03 __db.003
-rwx------   1 root root 440K Aug 13 09:03 __db.004
-rwx------   1 root root  24K Aug 13 09:03 __db.005

and I can now run the config test ok but the daemon still fails to start up:

[root@flyjack ldap]# service ldap configtest
Checking configuration files for slapd:  config file testing succeeded
                                                           [  OK  ]
[root@flyjack ldap]# service ldap start
Checking configuration files for slapd:  config file testing succeeded
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting slapd:                                            [  OK  ]
[root@flyjack ldap]# service ldap status
slapd is stopped

If I run 'slaptest -d -1' the last few lines are:

bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap)
config file testing succeeded
slaptest shutdown: freeing system resources.
bdb(dc=eliot,dc=stock,dc=name): Database handles remain at environment close
bdb(dc=eliot,dc=stock,dc=name): Open database handle: dn2id.bdb
bdb(dc=eliot,dc=stock,dc=name): Open database handle: id2entry.bdb
bdb_db_destroy: close failed: Invalid argument (22)

I also tried running db_recover with '-c' (catastrophic recovery). No dice.

Cheers,

Eliot Stock.