Re: port 389 not present while slapd is running

Could you please elaborate a little, like how do I check out my own config?
The slapd.conf file has been used since before the problem occurred. Also, what do I suppose to look for in the lsof output?

Thank you.

Jun

matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:

>The listen port is configurable.  I tend to use the -h ldap:// command
>line, but check out your own configs.  Also look into the lsof command
>to search for what sockets your pid has opened.
>
>On 8/7/05, nugulus@netscape.net <nugulus@netscape.net> wrote:
>> ldapsearch -x
>> will get "ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)".
>> 389 is not in the output of "nmap localhost".
>> "telnet localhost 389" got refused.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.