Re: ldapsearch returns one entry

--On Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:24 AM -0700 Stephen Walton <stephen.walton@csun.edu> wrote:

I hope this is a simple problem.  I just installed Fedora Core 4 on a
server which was previously running FC1 (OpenLDAP versions 2.1.22 and
2.2.23, respectively).  Under FC1 LDAP authentication and authorization
worked fine, as did autofs with an LDAP automount map.  After restoring
my previous versions of ldap.conf and slapd.conf and starting slapd on
the new system, I did

     ldapadd -x -W -D cn=manager,dc=sfo,dc=csun,dc=edu -f backup.ldif

where backup.ldif is the contents of 'ldapsearch -x -b
dc=sfo,dc=csun,dc=edu \*' run on the old system.  Now, this same
ldapsearch only returns one entry, the root entry of the tree.  LDAP
authentication is not working either;  'getent passwd' shows only the
entries in /etc/passwd.  Repeating the ldapadd command, however,
complains that all the entries already exist.

As a second attempt, I simply copied the old database files from a backup
tape to the new system.  Same symptoms.

Can anyone help?

Well, I will note that there were changes to some of the settings in slapd.conf between 2.1 and 2.2 and also there were changes to how ACL's were formed. So if you went from 2.1 to 2.2, then you probably need to review your configuration settings.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer