Re: core on slapadd -w w/ OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3

> Your back trace unfortunately is fairly useless, since you haven't compiled
> with debugging symbols, or you have a stripped binary.  You need to compile
> with debugging symbols & install an unstripped binary for the back trace to
> be of any use.
>
> I also note you are using BDB 4.3, which may bring along its own issues.
>
> --Quanah

Aware there may be issues with 4.3, just testing.

Hmmm, I compiled a copy with CFLAGS="-g".  Perhaps, I ran the wrong
binary.  I just re-ran it with the version I believe to be compiled with
debug and got different results on the trace.  Below is the bt full, is
this useful?  I have very limited experience with gdb, mostly just "type
this and paste the results" type of stuff.

I'm guessing this isn't useful being that it is mostly telling me "no
symbol table available", except for the last line at least sounds
interesting.

Here is what I thought I did to compile it (at least, this is what I wrote
down).  Let me know if this looks off - I'll recompile and retry again
tommorrow.

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib"
export CFLAGS="-g"

cd ldap
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap23re_debug
make depend
make
make install

cd /usr/local/lib
ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib/libdb-4.3.so
ldconfig

-----
On the core I ran

$ gdb -e /usr/local/openldap23re_debug/libexec/slapd -c slapd.core
Core was generated by `slapd'.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.3.so...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.3.so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libssl.so.3...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libssl.so.3
Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypto.so.3...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypto.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libfetch.so.3...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libfetch.so.3
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libcom_err.so.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libcom_err.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.5...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.5
Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
#0  0x080efe70 in ?? ()
(gdb)

then

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x080efe70 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x081ea2d0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x00057e4b in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00000001 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x00000004 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#5  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#6  0xbfbfe760 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#8  0x00000004 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x0000000e in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#11 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#12 0x00000001 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#13 0x00000004 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#14 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#15 0xbfbfe798 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#16 0x080f772d in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#17 0xbfbfe870 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#18 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#19 0x081c1fc0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#20 0x081c5800 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#21 0xbfbfe744 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#22 0x00000004 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#23 0x00000004 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#24 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#25 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#26 0x00000020 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#27 0xbfbfe7e8 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#28 0x080f7808 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#29 0xbfbfe870 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#30 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#31 0x081e6800 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#32 0x081b6900 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#33 0xbfbfe820 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#34 0x00000005 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#35 0xbfbfe958 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#36 0x080cc86e in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#37 0xbfbfe880 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#38 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#39 0x081ff9a0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#40 0xbfbfe7e0 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#41 0x081b6800 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#42 0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#43 0x081e5380 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#44 0x2841a106 in ldexp () from /lib/libc.so.5
No symbol table info available.
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)