Re: No child processes when starting slapd (2.3.4)

Samuel Tran wrote:
 Hi all,

 I have installed OL 2.3.4 on a Debian Sarge box.

 When I start slapd I don't see any children slapd processes.

 Is there a way to control the number of children processes spawned at
 startup?

OpenLDAP slapd is multi-threaded, not multi-process. It does not spawn child processes. On older Linux kernels with LinuxThreads the thread library created a process for each thread, but that's a system-dependent detail, not particular to OpenLDAP.

--
 -- Howard Chu