Re: Dynamic group based on arbitrary value

My understanding is that the way dyngroup works is similar to dynlist in
that it expands a URL.  So, for a group
cn=group1,cn=groups,dc=uta,dc=edu, I would have to have a memberURL (or
other labelURI sub) that contains the URL to be expanded.

But, I want to avoid having to manually create a base entry and
memberURL for each attribute they want to form groups by.  So, if
dealing with attribA that has 3 possible values, I'm looking at:

cn=attribA-value1,cn=groups,dc=uta,dc=edu
memberURL: ldap:///dc=uta,dc=edu???(attribA=value1)

cn=attribA-value2,cn=groups,dc=uta,dc=edu
memberURL: ldap:///dc=uta,dc=edu???(attribA=value2)

cn=attribA-value3,cn=groups,dc=uta,dc=edu
memberURL: ldap:///dc=uta,dc=edu???(attribA=value3)

This is a scaling nightmare if I have to set each group up, especially
since there are 14 attributes out there that someone wants to group by.
But I'm thinking there has to be a way to get this done using the
existing or perhaps a modified overlay.  Any thoughts?

-- DK

--
Digant C Kasundra
Enterprise Operations and Systems

To request technical support, please contact our computing Help Desk at
817-272-2208, e-mail helpdesk@uta.edu or create a work order at
https://eservices.uta.edu/oitforms/workorder.html