Re: MD5 password issue

--On Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:11 PM -0400 Alejandro Acosta <alejandro.acosta@comsat.com.ve> wrote:

Hello Quanah,
  Thanks a lot for you answer it looks very interesting and I'm happy to
know  that I'm not doing something wrong.
  Can you explain me a little bit more how do you decode the string?. I
just  install mimedecode in my Debian box.
   I have the string c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c how do you
translate it  to e01ENX1jODFlNzI4ZDlkNGMyZjYzNmYwNjdmODljYzE0ODYyYw==  ??
  Or viceversa (however it's less important), having the string
e01ENX1jODFlNzI4ZDlkNGMyZjYzNmYwNjdmODljYzE0ODYyYw== how do you convert
it  to: c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

Thanks,

Hi Alejandro,

Actually, I was running a perl script I wrote. ;)

tribes:/afs/ir/dev/directory/template/scripts> cat mime-decode
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
require MIME::Base64;
$value = shift (@ARGV);
$line = MIME::Base64::decode($value);
print "$line\n";

You should be able to make a simple mime-encode script similarly.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer