Multiple Backends and SyncRepl

Dear List

I've got a single Master, multiple Slave Setup and I want to use SyncRepl for the the replication of my data.

The Master, aswell as the Slaves have multiple hdb Backends defined (each major SubTree has it's own Backend).

Can the "syncrepl rid=xxx" entries be the same per Slave? Example:

database    hdb
suffix          "ou=configuration,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
syncrepl     rid=001

database    hdb
suffix          "ou=administration,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
syncrepl     rid=001

This setup seems to be working fine, but I've not done a lot of testing yet ...

Or do they need to be different, not only per Slave, but also per backend?

database    hdb
suffix          "ou=configuration,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
syncrepl     rid=001

database    hdb
suffix          "ou=administration,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
rootdn        "cn=Manager,o=stepping-stone,c=ch"
syncrepl     rid=002

Many thanks in advance for any help to clarify this setup!

Kind regards, Michael

--
visit: http://www.stepping-stone.ch