slapd won't open tcp sockets

I have one ldap server on Centos 4.1 that after updating is refusing to
open a socket. Ran with all levels of debugging to no avail. Only thing
I could find was when poking around with lsof I found this.

slapd     2951    ldap    4r     FIFO        0,7               11707
pipe
slapd     2951    ldap    5w     FIFO        0,7               11707
pipe
slapd     2951    ldap    6u     sock        0,4               11710
can't identify protocol
slapd     2951    ldap    7u     sock        0,4               11711
can't identify protocol
slapd     2951    ldap    8u     sock        0,4               11714
can't identify protocol
slapd     2951    ldap    9u     sock        0,4               11715
can't identify protocol

On the two other servers I have also Centos 4.1 with same updates I
don't see any problems one master and an identical setup slave. I don't
see any issues with other daemons opening up tcp sockets, all resolution
seems to be fine as well. This one box is also running bind as well
where the other two aren't.

Any ideas on how I can get to the bottom of this?

Regards,
Ted