Re: Problem with Fax No.

> Hi Pierangelo,
> Since I'm new in using this software, can you tell me how to fix this ?
> What I done was changing the name of the db type "LDAP" from "fax" to
> "facsimileTelephoneNumber", is there any other file I should changed as
> well

Kathy,

according to the list charters <http://www.openldap.org/lists/>, you're
supposed to post these types of messags to openldap-software, not to
openldap-bugs or personally to any of the list subscribers if you want
your messags to be considered.

To come to your question, I've no idea of what you intend with db type
"LDAP", this is not the jargon I'm used to.  In any case, in LDAP standard
schema, "fax" and "facsimileTelephoneNumber" are synonyms so (and OpenLDAP
software recognizes them as synonyms and treats them as such, so you don't
need to change anything.  Only, that attributetype does not have any
equality matchingRule, so you cannot do operations that require an
equality matchingRule (e.g. using it in an EQUALITY filter or delete a
specific value)they're not allowed.  It might be the intended result of
the design of that attribute, or simply the outcome of a poor design.  If
you need a fax number that is searchable and deletable, you should design
your own.

p.