Re: installing openldap

At 09:50 AM 7/24/2005, v.sudha rani wrote:
>hi,
>   I have installed openldap-2.2.26 in fedora core 1 as specified in
>www.openldap.org. But when i give rpm -q openldap it is still showing
>openldap-2.1.22-8.. Does it mean that openldap is not properly
>installed.

The installation of OpenLDAP Software as specified in our
distribution and the OpenLDAP Admin Guide does not touch
platform packaging systems, such as rpm.  And, assuming
it is installed under a separate prefix, will not
(normally) effect software installed elsewhere (or
by default on the platform).

>can the problem be solved if i install it using .rpm
>files.....

It is generally not a problem to have multiple versions
of OpenLDAP Software installed on a system.  Anyways,
any RPM specific problem should be taken to a list
supporting those RPMs.

Kurt