Re: olcDbConfig not correctly populating DB_CONFIG file

--On Friday, July 22, 2005 3:37 PM -0400 Dusty Doris <openldap@mail.doris.cc> wrote:

As I recall, there is already an ITS filed on this that has been fixed in HEAD. At this point, I suggest testing against HEAD or RE_23 rather than using 2.3.4, as many changes have happened since 2.3.4.

I also note that BDB 4.2.52+patches remains the preferred BDB version to
use with OpenLDAP.  You play with 4.3.28 at your own risk (which may or
may not be slight).

--Quanah

Yep, looks like there was an ITS already on it and its been fixed. My bad.

I will take your advice on the testing HEAD or RE_23.

For bdb, I just plan on testing 4.3 for a bit to see what issues come up.
I can always go back to 4.2 before I go to production if I start seeing
problems.

Have you experienced any specific issues with 4.3 in your test
environment?

I have with up to 4.3.27. I haven't had the chance to fully test 4.3.28. However, I also subscribe to the sleepycat newsgroup, and some of the reported issues I've seen there with BDB 4.3.28 make me want to just wait until they release some additional patches (or a new release) to 4.3 before I do much with it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer