Re: BDB vs. HDB

Howard Chu wrote:

Matthew J. Smith wrote:

Given a brand new OpenLDAP 2.2.23 installation, is there any reason to
continue to use BDB instead of HDB, or can I safely move everything to
HDB? Do the Berkley 4.2.52+ db_* tools support HDB? I recall a problem
with db_verify once upon a time...

The issue with db_verify remains in OpenLDAP 2.2 back-hdb on Little-Endian
(e.g. Intel x86) hardware. The issue is gone in OpenLDAP 2.3. Since the fix
involves an incompatible database format change, it will not be backported to 2.2.

So HDB should be used instead of BDB in OL 2.3.x, am I correct?

I am planning an upgrade from 2.2.23 to 2.3.4. I thought it might a good time to switch from BDB to HDB.

Thanks.
Sam