Seg fault during synrepl update with 2.3.4

Hi all,

I have a syncrepl setup going between a new slapd using 2.3.4 (since
apparently the replication under 2.2 is known to be unreliable) and my
existing slapd which runs 2.2.23.
The 2.3.4 is the consumer, and the 2.2.23 is the provider.

The backend is bdb, using db 4.2

I start with a completely empty database on the consumer side, start the
consumer slapd instance and it successfully sucks down all the entries,
and can properly respond to queries.

However, when I then change an entry in the provider directory, the
consumer seg faults when it tries to bring down the change.
The fault occurs irrespective of whether I am using TLS or not.

Cheers for any help,
Dave

This is my syncrepl config on the consumer side :

syncrepl rid=100
        provider=ldap://ldap.mydomain.com
        type=refreshOnly
        interval=00:00:00:20
        searchbase="dc=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

filter="(&(|(objectClass=Employee)(objectClass=MailGroup)(objectClass=
EMailAlias)))"
        scope=sub

attrs="cn,sn,primaryEmail,emailAlias,uid,mail,givenName,displayName,tele
phoneNumber,department,xmozillanickname,recipientEMail,groupEMail,emailAlias,des
cription"
        schemachecking=off
        bindmethod=simple
        binddn="cn=sync,dc=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
        credentials="foo"

A transcript from the daemon (using debug = 1) just prior to a segfault is :

<= key_change 0
=> key_change(ADD,2f)
<= key_change 0
=> key_change(ADD,2f)
<= key_change 0
=> key_change(ADD,2f)
<= key_change 0
=> entry_encode(0x0000002f):
uid=myuser,ou=People,dc=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=com
bdb_modify: updated id=0000002f
dn="uid=myuser,ou=People,dc=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=3
free(): invalid pointer 0x8228838!
ldap_msgfree
ldap_result msgid -1
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=-1, all=0
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (infinite timeout), msgid -1
wait4msg continue, msgid -1, all 0
** Connections:
* host: ldap.mydomain.com  port: 389  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Wed Jul 20 21:15:47 2005

** Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 2,  origid 2, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** Response Queue:
   Empty
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=-1, all=0
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
ldap_int_select
read1msg: msgid -1, all 0
ber_get_next