Re: poor performance of OpenLDAP vs AD?

Hi all,

I would like to add my two cents to this no doubt interesting
discussion. I think my two cents will be valuable as I am running about
50 instances of OpenLDAP servers in company of huge size with huge
amount of data (per directory).

1) OpenLDAP is rock solid and damned stable. We run it with 100%
availability over years. OpenLDAP delivers really enterprise level of
performance and availability.

2) You just don't need multimaster replication. You can loadbalance over
several LDAP directories via any industry standard loadbalancer. You
update master and propagate changes via slurpd. Believe me, it works in
huge company and with a lot of data. It is just enough!

Howard was in our place giving lectires about LDAP, he will confirm that
I am not BS'ing.

Cheers, vadim tarassov.

--
vadim <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch>