Re: Trouble changing user passwords

Kris Vassallo wrote:
Hello, I am trying to allow my users to change their own passwords using
the ldappasswd command. When the following command is run

ldappasswd -AxSWD "uid=kris,ou=people,dc=xxxxxxxxx,dc=com"

I get the following back
Old password:
Re-enter old password:
New password:
Re-enter new password:
Enter LDAP Password:
Result: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
Additional info: use bind to verify old password
This error message means that slapd does not want to receive the old password as part of the PasswordModify request. You're only expected to provide the old password for the Bind.

--
 -- Howard Chu