Re: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server and LDAP

Stefan Agner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a SuSE SLES Server, with OpenLDAP 2.2.6, used for user
> authentication. Since I changed the IP configuration and the root
> Password the OpenLDAP-Server doesn't save the information! I can create
> a new user, use it, change it, but after a reboot the user disappers.
> Which configuration I have to check?
This sounds rather suse specific..., and if checkpointing like quanah
suggested doesn't help:

Have you checked the newly created user with getent/ldapsearch or by
logging in and doing "id <newusername>?

Do you see the user beeing added if you look at your ldap servers
logfiles (set "loglevel" to 256)?

hth
 Paul