Re: SASL library version mismatch: expected 2.1.21, got 2.1.10

Yoginee Bhagwat wrote:

Yoginee Bhagwat wrote:

Hi,

I had posted message earlier about trouble finding BerkeleyDB files,

but

I solved it by putting right path in lib.so.conf. Now I am getting
following error with SASL libraries. I have one older version of sasl

in

my /usr/lib, the one I installed is in /usr/local/lib. I think the one
in /usr/lib is taking precedence. I updated my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to and
out /usr/local/lib/sasl2 in it so that it will take precedence. It
didn't help. What should I do so that slapd finds right version of sasl
?

If none of your programs are using libsasl 2.2.10 you can try moving it
to some other
place and create a symlink in /usr/lib and to 2.2.21 then try running
slapd again.

Yes, I did that and slapd started without the problem. with netstat and
ps I
can see that my slapd is running on given port but when I try to connect
it using
ldapsearch or ldapadd it gives me following error.

shark{ybhagwat} [] /usr/local/bin 21: ldapsearch -b o=shark -h
wallst.dev.micro
muse.com -p 35490 "(objectclass=*)"

I suspect you are using wrong command.
Perhaps you should use something like this...

---< command >---
ldapsearch -x -b "o=shark" -h wallst.dev.micromuse.com -p \
35490 -D "your rootdn as in slapd.conf" -W "(objectclass=*)"
---< /command >---
You will be asked for password on this.

Please post your slapd command you used to start the process and also your
slapd.conf file?

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Indicates eiter service is not runing or connect string is incorrect.

what do I have to do so that I can connect to running slapd ?
also, I have a java application which needs to connect to this ldap
server.
My application sends following parameters to make a connection

1. Authetication mechanism
2. security protocol
3. service provider
4. user
5. password

If I give proper values of these will my application be able to connect
ldap server or do I need to do anything else ?

It should. But first verify that you *can* connect to the server, locally and remotely.

sorry for so many questions but I have spent so many frustrating days
and
nights to get this to work...I want to see it working finally.

Evident from the dates and time of your posts. :-)
Best luck.

--
Sameer N. Ingole