Re: openldap profiling tools

--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:13 PM +0200 SÃbastien Georget <Sebastien.Georget@sophia.inria.fr> wrote:

Hi,

we are using openldap to authenticate users on our cluster (high
performance computing).
The problem we are encountering is that the server really slows down
(and sometimes freezes) when users submit big jobs (> 200 nodes). It
leads to authentication failure on some of the nodes ("You don't exist,
go away!").

I wonder if there are some tools to 'profile' openldap to see where is
the bottleneck in our current configuration (indexes, backend
configuration, acl...).

I'm also interested in any comments from administrator of such clusters
or platform with 'high' peak rates. 'high' means ~1000 request/s, can
openldap (one server) handle this  ?

Thx.
SÃbastien

Hi SÃbastien,

Unfortunately, you leave out some useful information.

What version of OpenLDAP are you running?
What database backend are you using?
What backing software for the database are you using?
How many entries do you have?
What sort of entry cache do you have?

etc.

--Quanah