Re: upgrade problems, can't query

--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:22 AM +1000 Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@softelsystems.com.au> wrote:

After upgrading from openldap-2.0.27 to openldap-2.1.29 I can no  longer
query
(even anonymously) against my directory.  Basically I get:

Out of curiosity, why did you go from one deprecated release to another? I'll note that 2.2.26 is the current stable release, and 2.3.4 is the current release. This upgrade still leaves you two major releases behind. 2.1.29 wasn't even the last 2.1 release (2.1.30 was).

The configuration is identical, I haven't changed a thing.  The data  is
the same, I did
however back it up before upgrading.

There were changes to the basic defaults between 2.0 and 2.1. For example, if your client is making an LDAP v2 bind, you must specifically allow that in the configuration file (allow bind_v2). You may want to turn up the debugging levels and see exactly why you are getting the errors that you are (slapd -d -1 is useful for this).

Regards,
Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount