Re: Replication failed, only slave is updated...

On Monday 04 July 2005 13:47, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> You likely configured the client to update the slave using
> the updatedn.

Yes, I did. Shame on me.

From: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/replication.html
about the updatedn
<quote>
This DN generally /should not/ be the same as the master's rootdn
</qoute>

perhaps it should be written in bold, cursiv and with Caps Lock on... ;-)

In my naïvness I though that:

slapd.conf: updateref ldap://ldapmaster

was a also defining whom could update it. I was wrong.

Learn something new today! :-)

regards
Jonas

--
Jonas Helgi Palsson
"Því jú engum manni eru guðirnir svo grimmir, að gera hann fullkominn"