Re: Overlay module accesslog on 2.3.4 - events not catched

Ettore Simone wrote:
Hi guys,

I would like to integrate OpenLDAP in a mixed metadirectory
environment (iPlanet, eDirectory, Oracle Internet Directory) using the
changelog method described in Netscape IETF drafts
draft-good-ldap-changelog-xx.txt.

I'm trying to use (or extend it if needed) the accesslog overlay, but
it seem that events for databases different from the log backend
itself are not correctly handled by the overlay/accesslog layer.

You have misunderstood. The overlay goes on the database(s) whose accesses you want logged, not on the logdb. The logdb is a separate database that is only used to store the log records. Please re-read the slapo-accesslog(5) man page. If you want logging enabled for "dc=my-domain,dc=com" then you must configure the overlay on that database.
Using a slapd.conf file like this:
moduleload      accesslog.la
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/lib/ldap/db
database        bdb
suffix          "cn=Changelog"