Re: slurpd trouble

Hi,

On Thursday 30 June 2005 18:09, Leigh Porter wrote:
> I have a similar problem but when I run the slave slapd with -d1 this is
> what I see:
>
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 74: unknown directive
> "updatepw" inside backend database definition (ignored)
>
> So obviously I get a credntials error when using this. How come updatepw
> doesnot work on the
> slave? the rootdn/rootpw are fine.

Because updatepw is no legal slapd.conf directive.
If you have the entry that is referenced by the updatedn directive in your
directory, it has all its credentials there (userPassword;
userCertificate, ...).

The updatedn directive is only necessary to tell the slave what the update-DN
is. On the other hand roodn (and rootpw) are neded to create a directory from
nothing (= LDIF file ;-).

Hope it helps
Peter
--