Re: Comparing slapcat output

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
On Tue Jun 28 2005 at 16:18:05 CEST, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

uidnumber=0+gidnumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth

^^ this seems to be naively computed without using slapd's DN
normalization routines; see below.
But why aren't slapd's DN normalization routines being used here
considering it is slapd which adds that?

See my other posting. You said those changes were performed using Heimdal over "slapi"; I guess you meant "ldapi". In any case, somewhere the data has been stored in non-normalized manner, and somewhere else (I guess while replicating, but you should confirm which slapcat was normalized and which wasn't) it passed thru normalization. Please provide further detail, so that we can find out where the error occurred.

slapd is hardcoded to generate DNs in this form for SASL/EXTERNAL over ldapi. It's been like this for a long time now, since release 2.2.13. (See daemon.c...)

--
 -- Howard Chu