Re: ldapsearch

matthew sporleder wrote:
Wherever, really.
You need to review the replication with slurpd parts of the manual to
get this all sorted.

On 6/27/05, Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

matthew sporleder wrote:

Mine go into OPENLDAPBASE/var/openldap-slurp/replca/.

Make sure your slurpd is running and configured correctly, as well.
Your slurpd.status should have your host:port:0 if everything is okay.

The slurpd configuration file is a configurable, so check that out too.

My slurpd.status file is 0 bytes long, so it has not been updated. Where is the slurpd config file? Thanks.

Maybe this error will give a clue to what is going on.

I started slapd. Next I did:

/usr/sbin/slurpd -d 4 -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -r /var/lib/ldap/replog

I then get this error that keeps going on and on as it keeps retrying.

ldap_simple_bind_s for bms-serve.bloomfield.k12.mo.us failed: Can't contact LDAP server

Looks like the master cannot find the slave to me.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.