Re: ldapsearch

matthew sporleder wrote:
Do you have the database on the "slave", or are you just following referrals?

On 6/24/05, Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

Still having problems with my replication server.

I have the Main_ldap server and the Slave_ldap server set up with
replication.

From the Slave_ldap server I can ldapsearch -x -b "dc=bhs,dc=net"
"(objectclass=*)"

and I get a list of everything.  Says I have 26 numResponses and 25
entries.

Now if I unplug the Slave_ldap server from the switch and do the same
thing.  I get no information.  The result says it is a success, and I
have 1 numResponse and nothing listed for entries.

Why does the Master_ldap server have to be up?  Isn't that what the
Replica server is for?  If the Main is down, shouldn't I still be able
to get my users info from the Slave?

I figured the above error out. I had a small typo. But now I guess that the replication is not working. Here is what I have done.

I have my master and slave dlap servers going. I added my users to the master and then shutdown the ldap servers on both. I then used the slapcat and slap add to get my database over to the slave. I then restarted my servers. From both the master and the slave, the ldapsearch seems to work fine.

Next I added another user from the master. Once again I can use the ldapsearch and everything looks fine from the master or the slave. Now if I shutdown the master ldap server and do the ldapsearch from the slave, it shows me all of the information except for the user that I just added. So I presume that the replication did not work. I would think that the user I added would still show up here if it did.

Any suggestions?

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.