Re: synrepl to AD

That's not going to work because AD doesn't understand the LDAP Content
Synchronization Control, which is specific to OpenLDAP, although published
in an Internet Draft and thus freely implementable by any vendor.  In
principle, a bottomline syncrepl could be implemented by means of pure
LDAP operations, provided the producer is able to produce an unique
identifier and a sequence number (e.g. a timestamp with enough granularity
to be different for any write operation).  OpenLDAP's implementation of
syncrepl doesn't do that yet, it requires the provider to use entryUUID as
unique identifier and entryCSN as sequence number.  Work is underway to
remove this limitation.  Follow this thread for details
<http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200506/msg00018.html>.

In any case, up to 2.3 syncrepl works only within OpenLDAP producer and
consumers.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati