Re: Clustering / failover

--On Friday, June 24, 2005 4:16 PM -0600 Michael Martinez <mikem@nmt.edu> wrote:

So most if not all sites running openldap, only use one master server?

Right.
Yup, that would be the current state of things.  Of course, I've
honestly not found this to really be a problem because of the immense
stability I've enjoyed since dumping NDS and moving to OpenLDAP.  The
requirement for multi-master generally comes when there is an underlying
stability somewhere in the process.  There is of course the corporate 5
9's thing that sometimes requires it as well, on the off chance that
something did happen to the master.

That should say, comes when there is an underlying INstability somewhere in the process. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html