Re: cn=config slapcat core

Forgot to add this info, might be useful.

running:
openldap-server-2.3.4 from freebsd ports
db43-4.3.28 (thought I'd give it a shot and see what happens)

in slapd.conf

modulepath      /usr/local/libexec/openldap
moduleload      back_hdb
moduleload      back_monitor

in DB_CONFIG
set_cachesize           0       536870912       0
set_lg_regionmax        1048576
set_lg_max              10485760
set_lg_bsize            2097152
set_lg_dir              /var/db/openldap-logs
set_tmp_dir             /tmp
set_flags               DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

The machine has
-CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz (2793.20-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Hyperthreading: 2 logical CPUs
-1 gig of RAM.

I had two db's defined, one is an hdb database and the other is monitor.
I also enabled overlay syncprov in the config.  I tried it without
monitor, with bdb instead of hdb, and without overlay syncprov, same
results.

I can go ahead and downgrade the bdb to 4.2 if you'd like me to try that,
althought I wouldn't guess that's the problem.  This is all a lab setup
right now, so I can modify it however I need to for debugging.