cn=config slapcat core

I have just done a fresh install of openldap 2.3.4 on freebsd 5.4.  I am
now trying to understand the new cn=config setup.  Anyway, I couldn't
figure out how to search the cn=config base, kept getting insufficient
access errors although in my frontend ACL I had the default * by * read.

So I ran a slapcat -b cn=config just to see what it looked like in the
directory, figured out later I could have read the slapd.d files.
However, when running slapcat, I got a slapd core.  Is this a known issue
or even an issue?

Here is the command I ran.

slapcat -d-1 -b cn=config

Here is where it died.

slapcat shutdown: initiated
slapcat destroy: freeing system resources.
Assertion failed: (rw != NULL), function ldap_pvt_thread_rdwr_destroy,
file rdwr.c, line 99.
Abort trap (core dumped)

Not really sure how to use gdb, so I ran gdb -c slapd.core and got this.

Core was generated by `slapd'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x282e831b in ?? ()

Then ran bt full

This is the end of it.

#1513 0x00000011 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
Cannot access memory at address 0xbfc00000

Should I submit an ITS with this info?

Thanks
Dusty Doris