Re: generating un-stripped libraries...

--On Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:27 AM -0400 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

On 6/22/05 4:02 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
That depends... Was the binary & libraries built with debugging symbols?
("-g" for gcc).

I build my OpenLDAP software with "-g -O2".

Yes, the binary and libraries were built with -g -O2, and the slurpd binary has included the libraries (ie, ldd doesn't show ldap libraries) and the only library included that I don't have debuginfo packages installed for (RHEL 3.5) is the cyrus... but why would all six stack points be in cyrus code?

Hm... You have me at a loss there. What version of gdb?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer