slapadd -q and db_archive

A warning for others who have applied the patch to add the -q flag that Quanah has made available.

After your slapadd finishes, be sure to do a db_recover on the database directory. I didn't (at first) and I was getting error messages out of db_archive of:

DB_ENV->log_archive interface requires an environment configured for the logging subsystem

DB_ENV->log_archive: Invalid argument

which had me scratching my head for a while...

This is on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.5 and OpenLDAP 2.2.26 with Quanah's -q flag patch applied (as well as a few others -- so perhaps it is unique to my environment).

Frank Swasey