Re: Deletions not propagating in multi-hop syncRepl environment

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Howard Chu wrote:

> Cascaded operations are tested in test019 of the test suite. There is a
> delete operation included in that test. Does the test pass for you?

If there's a "delete" operation in test019 then I cannot see it; all I see
are adds and modifies...  It passes the test otherwise.

> The sessionlog in 2.2 is pretty much useless. It is effective in 2.3. In
> 2.2 the only way to make it do anything is to specify a syncrepl cookie
> on the consumer's slapd command line when starting it up, to provide the
> sid of the provider's sessionlog. (Remember that the sid and rid are two
> different parameters; to configure a 2.2 consumer and provider to use
> the sessionlog the consumer must specify both the rid and the sid. In
> 2.3 there is no more sid, the sessionlog is automatically used by all
> consumers whenever it is enabled.)

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia