RE: a small problem.

I think the error message 'ldapadd: invalid format (line 1) entry:""'
was due to the first line being blank, either delete the first blank
line or use "-c" flag with "ldapadd" command.

Assuming DIT.ldif is the first ldif you use to create the OpenLDAP
database, and assuming you have already defined
"cn=Manager,o=corp.guers.com" as "rootdn" in slapd.conf, you are missing
these lines for adding the admin acccount right after adding the
organization.

dn: o=corp.guers.com
objectClass: organization
objectClass: top
o: corp.guers.com

dn: cn=Manager,o=corp.guers.com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

You may use the following command sequence to filter out the unwanted
lines in SUN/Netscape ldif dump file.

$ cat from_sun_or_netscape.ldif | egrep -v "^
|^nsUniqueId:|^aci:|^creatorsName:|^modifiersName:|^createTimestamp:|^mo
difyTimestamp:|^nsUniqueId:|^pwdChangedTime:|^passwordExpirationTime:"
>for_adding_to_openldap.ldif

Gary