Re: adding schema to back-config

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:
Include files are only supported for backward compatibility with
slapd.conf, they really are not supported under cn=config. Add new
schema as an entry under cn=schema,cn=config.

Is there any tool to convert schema files to ldif format?
By the way, I've added a file schema/openldap.ldif to CVS (and for the next 2.3 release) which gives an overview of how to manually convert a .schema file to .ldif. If you compare it to openldap.schema you'll see it's pretty easy. (CVS HEAD also has core.ldif which I manually converted from core.schema.) I suppose someone could write a perl script or somesuch to automate this task.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun