Re: OpenLDAP + Oracle 10g - ldapsearch returns no result, ldapmodify returns failure

Tohru Kao (tohru) wrote:

Hi,

I am currently investigating how to use Oracle as backend
for OpenLDAP. I got to the point that Oracle and ODBC
has installed and running correctly.

I am able to use 'iodbctest' to perform SQL query; but there is no result coming back using ldapsearch and failure using ldapmodify.

Here are the steps I performed:

I am using a box running RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 3 update 5:
- Install Oracle 10g
- Install OpenLink ODBC Oracle Driver
- Install and Recompiled OpenLDAP 2.2.26
- Imported all sql that included in this email:
- backsql_create.sql
- testdb_create_wo_d.sql
- testdb_data_wo_d.sql
- testdb_metadata_wo_d.sql
(those are modified from original scripts under openldap-2.2.26/servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend/oracle)

- Start sladp using 'sladp -d 5'

- run ldapsearch -x -b "o=sql,c=RU" "(objectclass=*)"
 Return result is:
   # search result
   search: 2
   result: 0 Success

- run ldapmodify -x -D "cn=root,o=sql,c=RU" -w cisco -f tk_0.ldif Return result is:
modifying entry "cn=Person0,o=sql,c=RU"
ldap_modify: No such object (32)

I have attached 2 zip files and my slapd.conf in this email.

I appreciate any suggestions or comments on this.

Thank you very much,
-Tohru Kao

The last line of your slapd.conf appears to be corrupted. I suggest you add the

has_ldapinfo_dn_ru   no

statement; see slapd-sql(5) for details (this should be off by default, I fear).

p.