Re: slapd/bdb stability problem

--On Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:42 PM +0200 Steffen Hansen <steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se> wrote:

Hi.

We use OpenLDAP in the Kolab project, but after switching to the bdb
backend there have been several reports about stability problems. Slapd
sometimes seems to hang when someone tries to write to the database
(for example with ldapadd).

The complete description is available at
https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue707

Currently we use openldap-2.2.23 and db-4.2.52.2. Do you have any
suggestions on how I can get to the bottom of this problem? Anyone else
having similar problems? I'm out of ideas here, so any kind of help or
suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Have you configured a DB_CONFIG file? BDB definitely will have issues with any decent size database if you have not configured the database properly.

Also, OpenLDAP-2.2.23 is a little old now (2.2.26 is the current stable release).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer