Re: Maximum password tries in SLAPD

--On Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:51 PM +0100 Martin.Ward@uk.neceur.com wrote:

Hi,

I have a basic LDAP server running SLAPD and am using the inetOrgPerson
object class to define certain attributes, particularly the password.

This LDAP server is being queried by another application for password
verification, and it works a treat except for the fact that I can't figure
out how to configure and implement a maximum number of password tries
before disabling the account.

I would expect this to be something already in the system, but I can't
find it mentioned anywhere in the config files or FAQs. Can anyone point
me in the right direction?

Symas Corporation has a password policy overlay for the OpenLDAP derived CDS product that does exactly this.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer