berkeleydb logfiles

hello,

unfortunately drive space on a few of my openldap implementations is
becoming an issue.  I rarely mess with my implementation because it
performs very well.  Thanks Howard and Symas.

in my DB_CONFIG, i have set_lg_dir /usr/local/var/openldap-data/logs
In that log directory if I run a du -h, its around 6 gigs worth of log
files.

I want to clean up these log files.  I have several replicas, and could
roll downtime between the systems.

I am assuming the process will be to shutdown slapd, slapcat the data,
ace(delete) the openldap-data files + logs, and then slapadd, then start
slapd back up.

A fairly involved process, plus possible replication issues.  Just want
to confirm this process, or findout if there is a better way.

Thanks.

Jonathan Higgins
IT R&D Project Manager
Kennesaw State University