BDB-openldap performance

Hello,

I am having performance problems on my openldap-2.2.26 and Berkeley 4.3.28.NC.
I have installed this combo on a PIII 1.0Ghz with 512 Mb and an IDE drive.
Every client has nscd configured and running.
Whenever a client does:
cd ~username (and then tab) I get the following error:

Ex: my username is tsoli;when I do cd ~tso(and TAB) it circles the globe two times :) and gives me tsoli.

Here is the error:
/usr/local/openldap-2.2.26/libexec/slapd -d 4

SRCH "ou=People,dc=ex,dc=com" 2 3 0 30 0
filter: (&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=public))
attrs: cn uid uidnumber gidnumber gecos description homeDirectory loginshell
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [01872a84]
bdb_idl_fetch_key: @ou=people,dc=ex,dc=com
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [b49d1940]
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [5941c014]
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [6a7fc8b1]
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""

Here is the bdb section in slapd.conf

# Indices to maintain
index objectClass eq
index cn,sn eq,pres,sub
#Indexes para optimizar o acesso para as funcoes getpwuid(), getpwnam() e getgrgid()
index uid eq,sub
index uidNumber,loginShell eq
index gidNumber eq
index uniqueMember pres
index memberUid eq,pres,sub

cachesize       1500000
dbcachesize     80000000

DB_CONFIG:
#logfile 100MB, a BDB .
set_lg_max 104857600
#set the in-memory log buffer size
set_lg_bsize 262144
#temporary while we're slapadding the database
set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
#set the cachesize to 0GB + X bytes, split into N pieces of memory.
set_cachesize 0 150000 1

I got 150Kb when performing the calculations recommended in the OpenLdap FAQ.

Can someone help me?

Regards,
M.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ­ get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/