Re: Error starting slapd

--On Friday, May 27, 2005 12:10 PM +0200 Martijn Jansen <martijn@loginet.nl> wrote:

Hello,

I am fairly new to mailing lists in general, so forgive me if I do this
wrong:

I just installed slapd, via the apt-get method in debian sarge, it has
installed slapd - 2.2.23-5 - OpenLDAP server (slapd). While I tried to
boot  it up, it wouldn't work. I tried to run it in debug mode with the
command  'slapd -d 16383' and it gave this output in the end:

TLS: could not load verify locations
(file:`/usr/share/davinci/certificates/cacert.pem',dir:`').
TLS: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory
bss_file.c:104
TLS: error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file bss_file.c:107
TLS: error:0B084002:x509 certificate
routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system  lib by_file.c:274
main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.

I read somewhere that it might have to do something with certificates?
I was wondering if people had the same problems and resolved it?

This would indicate that your slapd configuration is telling it to use cacert.pem in /usr/share/davinci/certificates, and is failing to find it or some similar thing. I would examine your configuration.

I will note that Debian uses a hacked version of OpenLDAP, and as such, you are going to get little support here for some issues around TLS because of that.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer