Re: Logging from NT service

---- Digant C Kasundra <digant@uta.edu> wrote:

> I'm not even sure what this question is regarding.  What version of
> OpenLDAP are you using?  What OS are you using?

The original poster's question is only applicable to running on Windows. But aside from that, I'll echo you in wondering what version of OpenLDAP.

As I recall (don't have the code handy at the moment) the Windows port writes all logging to a file named "openldap.log" in the current working directory of the slapd process.

It generally also looks for a slapd.conf in the current working directory of the slapd process. If they're editing a slapd.conf file and seeing no difference in behavior, perhaps they're editing the wrong file. As the default slapd.conf path may be overridden with a Registry entry, they'd need to doublecheck the registry to make sure they're looking at the correct file.

> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 20:07, Gaurav Khanna wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I used the "slapd install" to install as a service.
> > To install a service with a custom name, the following command was used:
> > slapd install myldap "My LDAP" manual
> >
> > I would like to specify a log level and am not sure how to go about it. I have put the following in the slapd.conf file:
> > loglevel  256
> > but this is not making any difference.
> > How do I specify a loglevel and the name of the log file that should be used for logging?

  -- Howard Chu
  Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director,
Highland Sun
  http://www.symas.com
http://highlandsun.com/hyc
  Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and
Support