Re: ldbm migrations

--On Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:39 PM -0400 matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:

How does moving from an older version of BerkleyDB to a newer version
affect ldbm backends?  Will I have to do some sort of db_upgrade, or
will the newer library not affect ldbm?  I don't see any berkley
libaries linked when I try ldd on slapd.

Why would you use LDBM if you are moving to a newer version of OpenLDAP? There are many many wonderful reasons to move to a more sane and stable backend like BDB (the suggested backend for OpenLDAP 2.1 or greater).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer