Re: Can not compile OpenLDAP 2.2.26 : ar problem

Hi Hurt,

I have made a mistake in my last mail : the libtool I use to compile OpenLDAP is indeed
the libtool 1.4.3-OpenLDAP.

The compilation pb occurs in my OpenLDAP RPM building.

Now, I have more precise indication : when I use the flag "enable-shared=no" as option argument
of the configure command, I have this pb. If enable-shared=yes, compilation is OK.

./configure --prefix=/usr --oldincludedir=/usr/oldinclude --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-static=yes --enable-dynamic --enable-shared=yes --enable-modules --enable-bdb --with-bdb-module=dynamic --enable-monitor --with-monitor-module=dynamic

David

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

Are you following the INSTALL instruction set, the Admin
Guide instruction set, or some other set of instructions?
If the latter, I suggest you try following the INSTALL
or the Admin Guide.  If you are already using the INSTALL
or Admin Guide, you should detail which, which step your
on, and how you got to that step.